[Nfb-krafters-korner] what you are forgetting

Terry Knox tknox6 at sc.rr.com
Sun May 1 00:19:38 UTC 2011

I agree with you Barb.

Terry K

-----Original Message-----
From: nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org
[mailto:nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Barb Roland
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2011 8:11 PM
To: List for blind crafters and artists
Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] what you are forgetting

Since this subject has come alive again....I would just like to say I don't
understand how the NFB feels they can retain the rights to theses recordings
if the instructors are not employed or contracted by the NFB. If the NFB
wanted to draw up a cirrculum and instructional material, then yes they
would have the rights to recordings, if the NFB purchased the rights to the
patterns, then yes they would have the rights to the recordings.

To resolve the sistuation? Do away with the recordings as the classes are
not a"formal" class, continue to require the minimal $10.00 membership fee
for unlimited classes. I do understand that recorded instructions are
beneficial, however, with all the general chattering and more than one
person speaking at a time makes it difficult to follow along.
I feel this recording issue will cause a decrease in the number of classes
and instructors and that would be a sad thing to see.

I for one am happy to pay the membership fee in order to learn blind
crafting techniques. I also appreciate the fact that Krafters Korner (and
thoses who worked so diligently to form it) is available for those of us who
are losing or have lost our sitght and wish to continue or learn crafting
technipues.
Barb R.
Z6

'Just living is not enough,' said the butterfly, 'one must have sunshine,
freedom and a little flower.' ~ Hans Christian Anderson