[Nfb-krafters-korner] New here & love crafting

Melanie Peskoe mpeskoe at insightbb.com
Fri May 13 23:15:35 UTC 2011

Hello NFB Krafters,

I have heard about this list for a long time, but finally decided to look it
up and give it a try. I am a Federationist from Louisville Kentucky. I am
married with an eleven year old daughter, Megan, and a three and a half year
old son, Peyton. I'm currently a stay at home mother and I have a small home
based business with Shaklee. In the fall I will be going back to school to
get my master's degree in social work. I absolutely love crafting. I've
dabbled in crocheting (the only finished project I've made is a continuous
granny square blanket for my son when he was born.) I've also done some
knitting on looms (mostly scarves, hats, baby booties, and mittens), but I'd
really like to learn to knit with needles. I also really enjoy various other
types of crafting - decoupage, wreath making, children's crafts... I just
love to try them all! Perhaps my favorite thing to do is listen to a good
book while I'm working on a granny square - talk about peaceful!

I'd really like to get to know and learn from you all. I'd also like to
contribute in any way that I can. Can anyone point me to some very basic,
nonvisual knitting instructions? Thanks in advance for your responses!

Melanie