[Nfb-krafters-korner] Tip of the Week - Keeping track ofstitches

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Fri May 27 11:55:49 UTC 2011

I can say the same, Joyce.  I am still struggling with it - I still try to
do it the way I did it for over 50 years, and I get soooooo frustrated.  I
went from advanced knitting, to pre-school level knitting and even then have
troubles.  Recently you all told me to do the markers and now I am doing
it - my R
Reader's Wrap has about 100 stitches across, so I have put a marker at the
end of the border, and then one every 20 stitches of the basketweave pattern
I am making in between the border. I still am having problems and still have
had to ripit ripit ripit, but it is going better. I have always been a very
fast knitter, and I need to SLOW down, which is HARD to do. If I was not
able to use the CCTV, then I would NOT be able to fix my goof ups...I cannot
feel the stitches at all once they are dropped or missing in action. And,
most of the time, I give the project to my friend who tears it down and
fixes it and then gives it back to me. If I had not had her the past 3
years, I would not have been able to knit again, at all. I try to do as much
as I can, labor over it, and sweat over it, but I still need the help of a
sighted person when I am in knitting trouble.

Lynda River Woman