[Nfb-krafters-korner] Tip of the Week - Keeping track ofstitches

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Tue May 31 11:40:23 UTC 2011

Joyce and Linda;
When you both were sighted, did you both use your sight to do your knitting?  Did you actually visually watch every stitch you made.  When you see people knit, you think of it as a very relaxing craft.  What little I know, I have always done by tutch.  Same with my plastic camvis.  People marvle at how I can find all those little holes and obtain such even stitches and not even look at what I am doing.  The only thing I use what little sight I have is for iedentifying my projects and yarn colorsmost of the time.
Speaking of stitch markers, I use them in things like hats where counting stitches matter.  I do not use them in blankets or scarves.  I hardly ever have dropped a stitch and I can knit faster with out them.

Terry P.