[Nfb-krafters-korner] [Bulk] Re: felting

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Mon Nov 7 01:02:04 UTC 2011

The sweater idea is really a very good way to make a handbag from Felt. I
gouth a sweater that was 100 percent Alpaca at the Salvation Army for about
5.00.
I felted it in the washer and dryer - then cut the arms out. Turned it
upside down, and used the beautiful bottom of the sweater at the top of my
bag.  It is gorgeous. I made handles out of the sleeve material after I had
cut the underarm seam from the arm pit to the wrist.  I rolled the length of
the sleeve, and sewed it into long tubes. Then, sewed them onto the bag for
handles.

After the bag was put together, I created a lining out of some scrap fabric
I had here - a nice plaid. Sewed that inside the Bag and WOW, It is a
beauty.

Lynda River Woman