[Nfb-krafters-korner] Clay questions

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Tue Nov 15 21:03:30 UTC 2011

Joselli is the one who knws about air dry clay, I do not.
but, the question about glaze is important. Glaze is a material that
contains ground elements and it requires a kiln to melt it together - it is
really GLASS once it is melted in the kiln. So, since air dry clays are not
put into a kiln, you would not be glazing them. You can spray them with
varnishes, stain them, paint them with acrylics. Etc. But, glaze is for low,
mid, or high firing of clays. Each one of the ranges requires it's own kind
of glaze mixture. In other words. You cannot up low fire glaze onto high
fired ceramics.

Lynda