[Nfb-krafters-korner] FW: safety pin beading patterns

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Mon Nov 21 19:22:49 UTC 2011

I thought this went to the group.

Terry P.

________________________________
From: Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E]
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 10:55 AM
To: 'Ohio Gardener'
Subject: RE: safety pin beading patterns

Try the Boleks crafts site.  Their kits come with paterns, but you will need someone sighted to read it to you.  We have found errors in their paterns.  Their snow flakes are rather easy.  They have sun catchers.  I do not know if they are the same as the one we did with Theresa.  Their paterns will not scan well, because the print is extreamly lite.
I do not want to give out the snow flake patern, I learned, because either I or Theresa might teach it next year.  I am working on designing some items, myself and if they work out as planned, in my head, they could be tought in the future.  There is a teddy bear and I think a dog, on the Boleks site.

Have you ever done plastic camvas?  I have tought 2 classes.  It is like needle point, but you do it on a plastic grid and the holes are bigger.
You can make, coasters, cleanex boxes, ornaments, eye glass cases, book marks, magnets...!
It is another craft that you can be very creative with.
Let me know what you all would like to learn to make.  Some of you were having trouble, with the last class, so I am afraid to do anything more complicated.  Those that have had experience, would you like to shair and have an ornament class, next year.  It would be fun to learn some new ideas and shair what I have created.
Unless you speak up and let us know your interests or ask if you can make, I will not know what class to offer.
Questions may bring around classes.  Bring on the ideas!

Terry P.