[Nfb-krafters-korner] overcoming discouragement

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Wed Feb 1 15:15:20 UTC 2012

Yes, you are off on a new adventure if you know K and P stitches. Hooray for
you!

I have had a shot in my elbow area twice, one year apart. IT hurts so much.
My arm gets so bad I cannot even use it and I am heading that direction
currently. I read recently about how and why this happens. I do not want to
take anti-inflammatories - I do have them here - as they really tear up my
stomach - the ice decreases the swelling inside the arm so that the blood
can flow. The pain comes from the loss of blood flow in the affected tissue.
It works pretty well, when I remember to do it a couple times a day.  I
found an ice wrap on-line and got it last week, and it is really helping a
lot. It does HURT at first, and it HURTS for a little while after I do it,
but then, the pain subsides and I am back to knitting again. I am trhing to
keep from having to get another shot - as the shot affects other organis in
the body in  negative ways eventually.

Today, though, I am going to the studio to work on some pottery at the art
center where I do my pottery. I will put some clay through the slab roller
and then bring it home where I will work on it.  Always up to something!
lol

Lynda River Woman