[Nfb-krafters-korner] flexi loom help

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 05:51:30 UTC 2012

Carol,

When I made my first project with the KK, I actually used my fingers (thumb
and index fingers) to pick up the loop of yarn and pull it past the loose
yarn (working yarn) and over the peg. I had trouble hooking it with the loom
tool. But after awhile, once I got some confidence, I again tried the tool
and this time was able to hook the yarn over successfully. The trick is
really, to feel what you are doing at every stage of the process.
where is the hook, is it under the loop to be pulled over or not? where is
the working yarn, (loose yarn) is it behind the hook and still around the
peg?
Now, start pulling the loop up, angling the hook out and up slightly to keep
the loop on the hook. Feel to be certain the working yarn is not also moving
upward on the peg.
When things seem to be going as they should, pull the loop over the peg with
your fingers or the hook.

Cathy