[Nfb-krafters-korner] UFOs

slerythema slerythema at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 21:04:16 UTC 2012

Yes, this (WIPS) is what I call them, though I do finally have one UFO.

My socks are always in the works. It is a great project that fits in a small
bag and it is my project that goes with me when I have finished an item and
I am putting the next project together. By putting together, I mean going
over the pattern and writing out anything that needs to be expanded (such as
repeat line x, so I copy line x down on that row) and loading it onto the
bookport plus, finding a bag to carry it in, gathering the yarn and needles,
and picking out notions.

Then, I have an afghan that sits in a fabric box beside my chair for tv
watching. This is a big project and after the first pattern repeat, it is
too big to carry with me so it gets worked on at a slower pace.

There is one other project that has lately become a wip. I wrote the pattern
myself and there was a problem, so I had to go back and rework the pattern
(I had graphed it and apparently I must have been high when I wrote out the
rows because they weren't even off by the same amount on each row). Plus, I
have discovered that I am not crazy about having to work with bobbins for
two color work. So, I really need to get back on this one before it becomes
a UFO.

My one lonely UFO is a sweater that I started. It has one sleeve left and I
simply have no desire to actually finish it, though I want it to be done and
gone.

Cindy S.