[Nfb-krafters-korner] another question about yarn colors

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sun Oct 14 01:46:31 UTC 2012

Both variegated and painterly yarns are made up of sections of different
colors.  The difference is in how long the sections are.  A variegated yarn
has short sections of each color, so if you have a lot of stitches across
your row, you might get multiple color changes along each row.  A painterly
yarn will have very long sections of each color that can each cover multiple
rows.  The end result of an item made with a  painterly yarn will be the
appearance of wide stripes of color.  The item made with the variegated yarn
will give you a lot of color changes in a small area.

HTh,
Annette