[Nfb-krafters-korner] Joining A New Ball of Yarn

slerythema slerythema at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 20:33:25 UTC 2012

Becky,

With the Russian join, it is only slightly thicker than the rest of your
yarn and not noticeable in the work. If you find that your Russian join is
becoming too thick (such as with the bulky yarns because I have not had this
problem with worsted or fine/sock yarn), then you can use a method similar
to what you described but instead of twisting the yarn you run it back
through as described in the Russian join method. This is the strongest
method I have ever used and the join will not break apart, it is even
stronger than the yarn by itself.

Cindy S.

rg/b.butterfly%40comcast.net