[Nfb-krafters-korner] Note taker

Kendra Schaber Baltimore777 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 4 22:41:27 UTC 2012

Wish me luck! My poor old dinesore of a Env 9900 phone died and I am working
to get an Iphone 4s. I have heard of so many good things about the Iphone
4s. I have also seen it in action because three of my friends already has
them. The best thing about the Iphone 4s is that it's the only mainstreme
device that igzists in the whole world that I know about that is accessable
to the blind and print-disabled community right out of the box. Why can't
everyone else pull that? The world would be a much better place if everyone
was proud to sell technology that is mainstreemed and is also accessable
right out of the box. As for note takers, I use my lovely book port plus.
For anyone who does not know what a book port plus is, I will tell you all a
bit about them. A book port plus is a digital recorder that is also a reader
if you will. You can record directly into MP3 files, read text documents,
listen to any MP3 file that you own including music, movies, ECT and play
your own recordings back. You can also listen to books from Learning Ally,
the NLS and its affiliates and anyone else that allows you to regester your
book port plus in order to play your books from. You can also play your
newspapers from NEWSLINE on a book port plus. There are a few other features
on a book port plus but I don't know much about them. For everyone who is
new on the list, I believe that there are more members on this list who
either owns or uses a book port plus. I am sure that there are more Iphone
users on this list as well. I am not a user of an Iphone of any kind but at
the end of this month, I am hoping to join that happy club.
Kendra