[Nfb-krafters-korner] questions about lining a crocheted project

Terry Knox tknox6 at sc.rr.com
Sat Sep 8 00:22:55 UTC 2012

This is interesting, and hope you get some suggestions. I will make one, as
a crocheter but get a few before making up your mind. Study the backpack, if
this a strong design, I might not line it, but it also depends on how it is
going to be used, for heavy items or things that would slip out. If lining
it I would consider a light fabric like a blend of acylic and cotton blend
and without knowing design I would turn inside out to measure sides and add
seam allowance and sew a separate lining the shape of the backpack. Then
slide lining into bag and cut holes in finished lining where you would
attach at idlets and attach at top only, therefore, if you did not like the
lining, it can be removed easily. Sounds like a lot of trouble, you have to
deceide.
Terry K