[Nfb-krafters-korner] questions about lining a crocheted project

Ramona Walhof ramona.walhof at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 18:22:23 UTC 2012

Lisamaria, Woolese yarn will stretch.  I would get a piece of
cotton/pollyester blend fabric and cut it to fit the backpack with generous
seam allowances.  You can put metal islets in the lining or use loops of the
fabric to go over the drawstring.  Tack the lining on the bottom and about
every inch around the top.  Turn the seams of the lining inside toward the
seams of the backpack if there are any.  Just keep inside to inside of
lining and backpack.  You may not need to cover the entire top if the shape
is difficult, but you may want too, especially if there is a flap that
buttons down over one side.  If you have a sewing machine, just sew the
pieces of the lining together with it.  You can sew it by hand, it just
takes longer.  .   It will last a lot longer if you do this. You should be
able to machine wash and dry it lining intact.

Ramona