[Nfb-krafters-korner] New Krafter, hopefully.

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 17 01:08:10 UTC 2013

Hi Blake,

Welcome to the list.  I am sure that you will find a variety of crafts that
you can learn and be able to do while you listen to books, TV, etc.  What
about getting some clay into your hands while you listen to books?  There is
everything from good old fashion silly putty.  It is nice and small and does
not dry out and get crumbly.  Then there is the clay that I remember from
grade school, which was many years ago.  I do not remember what the name of
this particular clay is, but you had to play with it in your hands to soften
it up.  There is also a product called Model Magic.  Once you get it into
the shape you want, you leave it out to dry and it dries to a light weight
material that almost has a Styrofoam feel to it.  You can get the type of
clay that I've mentioned here at your local craft store.  You can also make
your own clay.  Just ask and this group will provide you with more recipes
than you could have ever imagined.  I am a knitter and crocheter, but love
having silly putty in easy reach.  I am not a big fan of Playdough as it
crumbles and can stain things.

HTH,
Annette