[Nfb-krafters-korner] colors and material organization

Lillie Pennington lilliepennington at fuse.net
Mon Dec 30 03:48:44 UTC 2013

Hi Ashley,

There are many ways to do this, and it all boils down to personal preference. For things like yarn, you could put them in plastic bags and put Braille labels or color tags on the bag or inside the bag on an index card. For jewelry, it gets kind of complicated because there are just so many things. You could put those in plastic bags as well with labels, or you could do small containers. I recently purchased a little storage box that has 30 small drawers. On the drawers there is space for a Braille label. I think I will categorize the drawers themselves by color, and then classify once inside the drawers.
As I said though, there is no set in stone way to do this, and others will probably have good suggestions as well.