[Nfb-krafters-korner] caning a chairt: was ; question for Joyce,

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Wed Jun 5 02:20:17 UTC 2013

Well that is what this turned out to be.  While I was in training I  was
being paid $11 per hour by our state agency for the blind.  After the 6
months was over I stayed long enough to receive 1 pay check being paid by the
work I did.  Well it ended up being $10 for my 6 hours of work.  It  also cost
me $12 for the 2 buses I had to take both ways back and forth to the  work
shop.  I inquired if there was any way to get my bus fare covered and
basically I was told I ccould move closer to the job.  What do you think my
husband told me seeing we had like less then 5 years to pay on our house before
it was paid for.

I really liked the work, but I couldn't afford to work there.

In a message dated 6/4/2013 8:56:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,