[Nfb-krafters-korner] My News regarding my purchases

Barb Roland barbwire59 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 18:48:12 UTC 2013

Sunshine, you are just fine with the looms you have now. They are considered
large gauge looms, Joyce was just letting you know there are other gauges
and looms available, don't panic, there are lots of things you can do with
what you have.
Because these are large gauge, you will be able to use #6 super bulky, #5
bulky and #4 worsted weight, on the #4 ww yarn, you will need to hold 2
strands together as if they are 1.

On the knifty (that's with a k) knitter looms, no the pegs are not
adjustable, you will hear the terms knifty knitter or kk looms referred here
most often because they were the original brands. The brands you can find in
the crafts stores now are Loops and Threads, Boye and Danice, they are all
just like the kk looms, just different in quality colors.
My suggestion is to count the pegs on each of your round looms, get
comfortable with the number of pegs so when someone refers to a specific
loom by the number of pegs, you can just go right to it.

For right now, I would put the long looms to the side and get familiar with
the rounds ones.
We also need to start getting you familiar with some of the terms that will
be used, ways to hold your looms (some hold different than others) and such
As I said before, you are FINE with what you have, it's how we all got
started too.

So take a deep breath and relax, lol look forward to the fun you are going
to have.

Barb