[Nfb-krafters-korner] I'm a Beginner (was to email or phone

Ramona Walhof ramona.walhof at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 03:57:00 UTC 2013

Ericka, if you take knitting or crocheting lessons at a yarn shop, you need
to be sure the teacher is willing to help you by
making sure you know what she is doing with her hands.  You may need to use
a different hand position than a teacher and he or she needs needs to
understand that.  If you understand what the yarn is doing, you can usually
figure out how to do it.  If there are a lot of students, it may be better
for you to stay after class to learn if you missed something. Some teachers
like the challenge of helping blind people figure out the best way to do
things by touch.  Some are totally intimidated by it.

The beginning classes on this list should help with hand position. If you
have the time to try several classes, you are sure to learn in some of
themn, maybe all.

Ramona ----- Original Message -----