[Nfb-krafters-korner] need help understanding how to crochet a slit stitch

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Mon Nov 18 20:55:04 UTC 2013

Slip stitch., Lay the yarn over the crochet hook with the tail towards you.
Cross the tail and the long peace under your needle. Tuck the tail against
the needle. Yarn over the needle and draw through the loop. From below pull
the tail and the long piece wich will tighten that first stitch called a
slip stitch.

Sorry this sounds generic, not sure I know quite how to explain left handed
crochet.  So experiment several times until it comes naturally to you. It
pretty much is a chain one. All you do is tighten that first chain by
pulling the tail and the long piece together.

Becky