[Nfb-krafters-korner] ideas on book

Terry Knox tknox6 at sc.rr.com
Sun Sep 22 21:03:34 UTC 2013

Joyce,

Do not know if this should have been sent on list, but I will send my ideas
and you can use the comments. After thinking all weekend these are my
starting ideas: I do not know to much about CD and creating or making them
to sell, so I pass on that. I do have a personal book publisher where you
can make one book or one hundred, but I think cost wise, it would be better
to do it yourself. A Christmas book would be the easiest. Picking out 8 to
10 projects to start with, but the fund raising of this has to be that these
crafts are specific for vision impaired and or blind. Which leaves me with
this, not all low vision people have computers and not comfortable in using
them, therefore, a book must be produced and even the same book in braille.
The draw in this and any other book has to be the ease in use, and to be
able to do the craft yourself without help and or to be able to present it
to a group or chapter to do as a group. Like the person who asked "Have any
simple crafts for Meet the Blind Month". This should be made to sell in
Independence Mart after fund raiser or on KK website as on going. I really
believe each book should build on another. One book for ornaments, children
crafts, there are so many we have on the list, summer fun, crafts with yarn,
plastic canvas, beads and on and on. I do know this is a large project and
it is going to take more than one person. The book should have a Title page
and the next page should be a page with Common items needed to complete
projects in this book. Example:glue, scissors, ruler, yarn and below a list
of items needed to complete project that are not common, example 8 inch
brass ring, see page 5, a cross reference to materials needed. I will stop
by saying there are some on this list who have done this, like Terry P with
her plastic canvas book, still being sold and Ramona W with her braille book
who did wonderful books. I also know there are some crafts I would like to
have again like, Snowman bead pin, a box using Chistmas cards or Lindy's
boxes and many others, this list can go on and on, there is so much talent
here and we need to organize it for all the new people who join and say,
Where is this pattern or that one. Just some ideas, I have more.

Terry K