[Nfb-krafters-korner] pen friend

Dixie cobaltblueheron at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 15:13:55 UTC 2014

The pen will see the label it was recorded on.  There is going to be one
issue with two of you using two sets of labels.  It is possible that the
label sequences  are duplicated in Henry's set of labels and Terry's set of
labels.  For example Henry's label number 101 Is placed on chicken.  Label
102 is placed on shrimp and label 103 is placed on ground beef.  Now Terry
starts using her labels and she has the same label sequence, and she places
her first label, which may just happen to bell able 101 on red sparkle yarn,
label 102 on green sparkle yarn.

Now, you both have recorded your pens when henry put his labels on the
meats, when you read the label on your red sparkle it is going to say what
you entered in on Henry's label 101 which was chicken.  The only way to
avoid this is only use the labels from one box.  Then place an order for a
set of additional labels .  That additional label set should have a
different number sequence.

It is of course a possibility that the labels you both have already have a
different sequence, so this won't be an issue.  The only way to know that is
to test a lable with the pen friend before you affix it to something.  If it
states something you have already labled in the house then it is probably a
duplicate of the lable on that first item.

Dixie
@-> ~ <-@