[Nfb-krafters-korner] which style knitting do you use?

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 1 13:07:01 UTC 2014

Valerie,

When you are using the continental method of knitting, you still form the
purl stitch by moving your working yarn to the front of your work, inserting
the right needle into the front leg of the first stitch on the left needle
from right to left.  Wrap your yarn around the tip of the right needle so
that it passes from under the tip of the right needle, up in front of the
right needle tip, over the top of it and down behind  it which is sort of
between the 2 needles.  The difference is that you continue holding and
controlling the working yarn with your left hand.  When you have to change
between knitting and purling you use the index finger on the left hand to
move the working yarn from the back to the front of your work or from front
to back as needed.

HTH,
Annette