[Nfb-krafters-korner] The dropped stitch query

Valerie rosetta at adam.com.au
Sun Feb 2 23:11:59 UTC 2014

Thank you very much for the replies about my dropped stitch question. I do
realize  practice will help immensely, I'll definitely keep on going, and I
will also test out that idea of wire or needle threaded through too. I am
not sure how others cope with the dropped stitch, is it possible we get to a
stage where we can identify that stitch, pick it up and re mend the holes by
feel alone?  Or is it that usually we wait for sighted help?  Am I the only
one who drops stitches? These probably sound like odd questions, but it
would help to know if others can knit very expertly and have no problems,
guess that would be high expectations for me right now as I'm sure my
ongoing scarf project has an amazing lace look with no effort on my part!
But I've unpulled it at least six times so will restart again, maybe with
the very thin needle idea.

Very best wishes from the knit lounge. Valerie