[Nfb-krafters-korner] Comment here

Lillie Pennington lilliepennington at fuse.net
Tue Feb 11 03:23:50 UTC 2014

Hi Joyce and all,

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
I believe I had posted the suggestions of a resource list in early December,
and several ideas had offshooted from that. Someone had brought up the
recording classes idea, because we had been discussing charging a fee for
this resource list, and we could also charge a fee for accessing this class
library as well, or that is what we had been contemplating. I believe it
could be compared with the recent card discussion; nothing official but
hypothetical suggestions were being thrown out.
Deb offered today to assist in audio editing recordings of classes. We were
again off of that message discussing hypothetical options with this idea,
with possibly presenting to the board, I am not sure.
This is my knolledge and what I perceived of the conversation.

I apologize if I am overstepping in the next part of my message or being
rude. I am simply trying to offer a suggestion of how we tackle the
fundraising issue.

To my knolledge, I do not think that we have formally decided on a
fundraising avenue. I think ideas may have been presented to the board, but
not sure. We need to get working on this fundraising soon, because a big
market for us is going to be convention. What I think we should do as a
group, or maybe the board should do is go through all of the ideas, and put
the advantages, disadvantages, and how easy it is to persue and what we
would need to do. From there we could decide what would be best for us to
do. We do not necessarily have to stick to one fundraiser.

I apologize if this message was overly forward, and I am not trying to tell
anyone what to do or act against the board. I was just trying to offer a
systematic approach that may help the devision grow. I love this group and
really want to see it stay alive and grow.

Thank you