[Nfb-krafters-korner] loom knit mittens class now available for sign up!

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 02:04:29 UTC 2014

Hello loomers,

Please join me in a phone class to learn how to make a pair of mittens on the loom. True, it is a
bit late to wear them this winter, but you can always start your holiday gift making early. Of
course if you live in Australia   autumn will be coming soon!

this particular pattern is nice because you do not make the thumb separately and thus do not need a
thumb loom, or need to sew on a thumb. I have tried this pattern with an 18 peg in the attic loom,
and now am trying it with a 5/8 gauge or ½ gauge cindywood oval combo loom using 22 pegs. the
cindywood 25 or 27 ½ gauge round loom is another option, though I have not tried this loom myself.
I did try the 24-peg KK round loom but the mittens were far too large!

If you are planning to use the in the attic loom, use super bulky weight yarn or two strands of
worsted weight. If you are using the 5/8 or ½ inch gauge oval panel loom or ½ inch 25 or 27 peg
round loom, then one strand of bulky weight will work nicely.

Hope to see you in class soon.

Sign up at:

http://www.krafterskorner.org/class/mit2.html

Cathy F