[Nfb-krafters-korner] Learning to braille patterns

minh ha minh.ha927 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 12:37:34 UTC 2014

Dixie,

There aren't any special formatting rules for you to braille out
knitting patterns. I use my braille display for patterns and they look
exactly like what a print pattern would. To answer your questions:

1. The asterisk sign is the lower i twice; dots 3-5 twice.
2. Yes. The number 2 would be connected to the k like it would in
print. Although this is for your own use so I don't see why you can't
make up your own rules. :)
3. For the PSSO, you can do the two capital signs and then those exact letters.

I hope this helps. I read most patterns on my braille display like I
mentioned, but I've brailled a couple of patterns as well, and I just
tweeked some stuff to make it easier and faster for me to read (like
omitting the number signs from k2, p2 , and stuff like that).

Minh

On 6/28/14, Dixie via Nfb-krafters-korner