[Nfb-krafters-korner] need suggestions

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 3 00:43:24 UTC 2014

Hi Lovette,

I did a quick google search for Knit Book Cover and came up with a number of
pattern ideas.  Lion Brand and Knitting Pattern Central were among the top
results.

I think you could do this without a pattern.  Cast on enough stitches to
span the height of the bible plus a quarter of an inch.  Knit until it is
long enough to reach across the front cover of the bible, along the bound
edge and across the back cover, plus add possibly 2 inches to make a pocket
for the front cover edge and another 2 inches for the back cover (This would
be a total of 4 additional inches).  Once the fabric is knitted, mark off 2
inches from the casted on edge and 2 inches from the bound off edge.  Fold
along this 2 inch mark and sew the 2 inch seam where the edges meet.  There
are 4 of these seams in total.  If you want, you can use a brown paper bag
to create a paper pattern as a guide for your measurements and how to
assemble it.  Matter of fact, you can probably find instructions on the
internet on how to make a book cover out of brown paper bags and decorate
them however you want.

Annette