[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT: an "it could only happen to a blind person story.

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 08:18:49 UTC 2015

Hello all,
Do you need a smile today?

Are you familiar with these kinds of stories? If not, these are true stories
told by a blind person about some mistake they made that no one other than a
blind person could make. When I make a mistake due to my lack of sight, I
have found that the best way to handle it is to laugh to myself about it and
add it to my collection of "it could only happen to a blind person,"
stories.

So here we go. My husband Todd, who is blind, went on Amazon to order some
shampoo. Easy right? Well.. yes, as long as you are careful that you are
actually purchasing the item you want. Checking the order before submitting
it is wise, as we all know. But Todd was in a hurry that day.  The shampoo
arrived and Todd used it that very night. But something was strange about
it. It certainly was not the shampoo he thought he'd ordered. There were no
working eyes in our house so we had to wait for some to arrive. My daughter
came over the next day and my husband asked her what kind of shampoo he had
in his hand.
Val read from the label, "dog shampoo,  cuddle up with your furry friend." I
began to laugh and Todd said, "Are you serious?" for answer, Val continued
to read the bottle confirming without a doubt that it was dog shampoo.
Oh my my , I will bring this up to tease him about again someday. But please
never let him know I told you this story!

I love these kinds of stories. I wonder if anyone has ever written a book
containing a collection of them. If so, I would love to read it. If I had
enough stories that I could remember, I might even consider writing a book
myself.

If you have an "it could only happen to a blind person story," I would love
to hear it. However, you may wish to contact me privately so we don't
clutter up the list with off topic chatter.

Cathy F
flowersandherbs at gmail.com

Cathy F