[Nfb-krafters-korner] New to Crafters Corner - questions and interests

walhoframona at gmail.com walhoframona at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 17:22:46 UTC 2016

Rebecca, we are glad to have you among us. I think you will find this group busy and eager to learn new things.

marketing is a big challenge for everyone. Word of mouth is the best way for people to learn about your products. Passing out flyers, getting booths at craft fairs, selling online, and many more ways all work.

The Randolph-Sheppard Act makes it possible for state rehab agencies to open food service operations or gift shops in government buildings and then train and licence blind people to manage them. There has to be a contract for each location. There is no reason why hand-made crafts should not be sold at one of these gift shops, but that would only be a small part of the business.

Ramona