[Nfb-krafters-korner] Upcoming Knitting Class

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 23 12:58:52 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I will be teaching a 2 part phone knitting class on the first 2 Saturday's
in April.  Each session of the class is being taught as a separate class.
Each class will include the following.

Part 1:  Beginning Knitting - You will learn

.         How to make a slip knot

.         The "knit" cast on.

.         The knit stitch

.         Discussion of the basic knit bind off

Part 2:  Beginning Purling - You will learn

.         A quick verbal review of the knit stitch

.         Basic knit bind off.

.         Purl stitch

So if you are a new knitter who has never held knitting needles in your
hands, or you want to get back into knitting, you will want to sign up for
Part 1.  It is recommended that these same students also sign up for Part 2
to benefit from the quick verbal review of the knit stitch, and instruction
on how to bind off.  You can then hang up if you feel that learning to purl
would be over whelming at this point.

If you already know how to do at least 1 type of cast on, know how to knit,
and are ready to learn the purl stitch, then you should sign up for this
class.  The review of the knit stitch and the instruction of the basic bind
off will ensure that we are all using the same terminology.

Watch the list for details on when you can sign up.  In the meantime if you
want to gather your materials, here is a quick shopping list:

.         Knitting needles size 10.  Note, any size between 8 and 11 can
work if that is what you have available.  Straight or circular is up to you.
Once I learned about circular needles, I've not gone back to straight
knitting needles.

.         Worsted weight yarn or thicker.  The yarn should not have a halo
(fuzziness) to it.  NOTE:  If you utilize any functional vision, you will
want a light colored yarn, however, even if you have vision, I encourage you
to participate in the class and try not to use your vision, but this is a
personal choice and I will respect whatever you elect to do.

.         Scissors.

Stay tuned for more details.

Annette