[Nfb-krafters-korner] Wednesdays question, resycling

Terry Powers terrypowers59 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 21:12:19 UTC 2018

For a while, I stored my knitting needles in a tall, glass vase.

When my office was moving, I collected reusable items, when recycling
documents and notebooks.

We gave used notebooks to the school system.

I found clear, pockets with holes at one end and a Velcro closure, at the
other.  I saved a bunch and later, I made a note book to hold my circular
needles, one pocket per size of needle.

When in elementary school, we covered a soup can with popsicle  sticks and
spray painted it to make a pencil holder.

I just the other day, took an apple sauce cup, to work for staples, while
recycling.  Sure beats having to reach the trash can every few minutes!

Back in the day of key punch cards, we folded back the end with the holes,
to make a point and stapled it.  We put these around cardboard and made a
wreith.  We also spray painted it and added other decorations.

Pencil cases of all sizes are great for a lot more than just pencils.  I use
them for keeping craft supplies!

I keep my folding sizzors and some different sized needles and loom hook, in
what?  A quilted change purse.  You will hardly ever get stuck by the
needle!

Terry Powers