[NFB-Krafters-Korner] [NFB KraftersKorner] Judy, upcoming classes

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 20:55:36 UTC 2018

Thank you,Cathy, I plan on joining the division for sure.

Your scarf sounds wonderful.

I've seen these cylinders with little nails on one edge where you creat the
fabric by looping yarn or thread around the nails, and creating rows by
wrapping the yarn around the outside of the nail and pulling the loop off
over the thread.  Is this loom knitting?

Once I saw something like this created out of a tinker toy disk with an
enlarged central hole with nails around that.  But the resulting tupe
growing down through the central hole was only the size of a thick rope,
worked in thicker yarn.  Then that rope you could coil into a round flat
shape, sewing together to make a round rug.  You could also fashion an oval
by starting out with a doubled central strand to form the center and sew
together, working outward.

If this explanation is as clear as mud, please feel free to correct me.

I think this is all very interesting.

Thanks.

Judy