[NFB-Krafters-Korner] New Here. Two Questions about Stitches

Ramona walhoframona at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 23:51:27 UTC 2020

jen, I have been visiting on a ranch where there is no wi-fi, so am behind on email. Yes, yes, yes, you can sew!!! It is fun and can be very creative. If you want to sew designs with a sewing machine, there are machines with computerized designs to do that. I have not used the computerized type, but if I were younger would have to try it. I would say start with something ordinary. Then move to more complicated things. That makes buying a sewing machine a little complicated. If you live in a place where it is possible to get to a store where they sell machines and give sewing lessons, go see them and see if you can arrange some lessons. They should have some demo models. That will also help you figure out more about buying a ma-ee. Every now and then we have somebody on this list needing input about buying a machine, but nobody can tell you all you need to know.

I have done a lot of sewing as a blind person including formal dresses for my daughter and teaching blind students.

If you already have a machine, learn to use it, whatever it is, and then think about what comes next. I am on my way home (In Las Vegas airport right now) and would be glad to talk with you by phone if you are interested, but give me a few days. My phone number is 208-338-1595. My email is walhoframona at gmail_com. We don't need to put everything on the list, but some will be interested in knowing more about your progress.  I can already tell that you are going to have an exciting new year! People on this list do akl kinds of crafts: knitting, crocheting, weaving, plastic canvass, ceramics, and more. Just stick around, and you will see!

Ramona