[Nfb-lions] New member

Mary Donahue braille at satx.rr.com
Tue Jun 4 01:08:25 UTC 2013

Hello Dar and everyone,

	Dar, I am part of a unique Lions Club, in that it is
employment-based. All of our members are either employees, spouses of
employees,  or retired employees of Education Service Center, Region 20 in
San Antonio, Texas. Our club is part of District 2A2, which serves the San
Antonio area. I am club president this year, but my term ends on June 30;
therefore, I will be past president.

	We generally meet face-to-face every other month and have electronic
meetings by email on the months we do not meet. Board meetings are every
month. Since we are employment-based, we meet in various locations of the
service center. If there are service projects, I either use paratransit
service, or I ask our first vice president and secretary to give me a ride
to the locations. An example is that on June 23, we will be serving Nachos
at Texas Lions Camp in Kerville, about an hour away. The first vice
president and secretary have already said they would give me a ride up there
and back. (If you haven't already guessed, the first vice president and
secretary are a married couple, and are retirees of Education Service
Center, Region 20 and the State of Texas.)

	If you wish to talk more about Lionism, you can email me off list at
the following email:

braille at satx.rr.com

	When you email me privately, please send me your contact
information. I want to talk to you about something else my husband and I are
involved in that is not related to Lionism.

	At any rate, I second what Milton and Cheryl said about talking to
someone who is already a Lion. Maybe you can be invited to a meeting.

	At any rate, Dar, I hope to talk to you more off list.

Mary Donahue

"Be well, do good work, and keep in touch."
Garrison Keillor