[Nfb-lions] Possible Suggestion About Increasing Lion Magazine on NFB Newsline

Albert Rizzi Albert at Myblindspot.org
Wed Dec 30 14:14:27 UTC 2015

Paul,

I do put myself in a few people's shoes as I advocate for our rights, but being practical and current is a critical component for our survival in this society, again in my opinion. Regardless of what I think,. I made it clear that according to the ADA we are entitled to printed materials in those formats of our choosing. If a person still does not want to get a computer then they can, and should, ask for materials in braille or large print.

We are in the 21st century and people need to get on board with the "trends". The same thing happened back when we transitioned from the electric typewriter to the computer. How many people out there have an electric typewriter these days? they do not even manufacturer them any longer. The same can be said about the cell phone when they came out and the car when we transitioned from the horse and buggy. In my opinion, history is without a doubt, bound to repeat itself again.
-----Original Message-----
From: Nfb-lions [mailto:nfb-lions-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Paul Smith via Nfb-lions
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 8:15 AM
To: nfb-lions at nfbnet.org
Cc: Paul Smith <paulsmith at samobile.net>
Subject: Re: [Nfb-lions] Possible Suggestion About Increasing Lion Magazine on NFB Newsline

I'd like to see those who advocate the use of computers put themselves
in the situation of those who don't have a computer, don't want one or
even find it difficult to use one for whatever reason.  Then after a
sufficient amount of time, I guarantee that they will change their tune
pretty quickly.  Never mind that in most areas of life I'm traditional,
but one should think of those who aren't up-to-date with modern
technology, blind or otherwise.  Paul