[Nfb-lions] Introduction

Ramona Walhof walhoframona at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 13:22:47 UTC 2016

Marianne, we are glad to welcome you to this list.  I have been in Seattle
visiting muy daughter and her family.  My son-in-law turns fifty this week
(a good way to make a mom feel old)  so my daughter gave a little party.
Lots of fun.

My Lions Club is the Boise Capital Lions.  We worked at the lost and found
kids booth at the fair in August.  We manage a fishing pond for the Sporting
Show in the spring.  My club prepairs lunch for a bike-a-thon held by the
Treasure Valley Chapter of the NFBI in the spring.  Of course, we collect
lots of glasses.  We try to raise enough money to offer scholarships.  I
work in all these events unless I am out of town.  I have been President and
zone chair.

Perhaps the best thing I have done is educated by club about blindness.
They all feel differently from when I joined more than ten years ago.  And I
have attended district conventions and spoken at other club meetings.  I
have also worked with the Idaho/Eastern Oregon Sight and Hearing Foundation.
So I am a pretty normal Lion.

I think the most important thing in Lions is just to get to know the members
of your club, have fun with them, work with them.  Thus, you can serve your
community and educate them all at the same time.  If you want to contact me
offlist, my email is walhoframona at gmail.com.
Ramona