[NFB-Muslims] Dean Connection help please

heather Albright kd5cbl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 06:06:11 UTC 2021

Bismelah Asalamu alaykum wa Rahmatullah, sister Mariya,

Alhamdulillah, you are reaching out. Welcome to the group. I am a convert too.
My family did not take it well.
My family has members who are part of the KKK, so you can imagine how this went over with them.
When I converted, I formed my own network outside of the blindness movement. I wanted to form friends that were not part of the blindness movement and they were friends who were part of the Muslim community.
I met my first blind Muslim when I started the blind muslims yahoo group. But, I had to say good by when yahoo groups died. I have many good friends in the Islamic community and now I have good friends who are part of the NFB blind Muslims group.
Speaking as a convert to Islam, this period of time is often times very hard. You are not exactly fullally embraced by the Muslim community and the blindness community.  This group is trying to change these attitudes with in the NFB. Most converts face the added hardship from their own  families too.  So believe me I know where you are coming from. I welcome you to Islam and to this group. We also have a whats up group, can some add her to the group?

fee amanAllah

sister Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10