[NFB-NM] FW: Encouraging Success with Awards

Tonia Trapp nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 23:49:04 UTC 2018

nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com

www.nfbnm.org

From: National Federation of the Blind [mailto:webmaster at nfb.org]
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2018 2:39 AM
To: Tonia Trapp
Subject: Encouraging Success with Awards

 <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9932&qid=2122736> Image removed by sender. National Federation of the Blind Logo - Go to NFB.org

Image removed by sender. Imagineering Our Future

January 2018

Image removed by sender. Image of President Mark A. Riccobono

A MESSAGE FROM OUR PRESIDENT
It is a new year and this invites us to think about all the ideas in front of us. Where might we find innovation, imagination, and inspiration in 2018? You can help us answer this question by nominating award recipients... <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9953&qid=2122736> Read more from President Riccobono

Image removed by sender. Image of Cary Supalo and chemistry students

THE JACOB BOLOTIN AWARD
It is always tempting to take the well-traveled road, and this is particularly true if you are a blind person who has been told that the number of paths you can take is limited and any of them you choose will be difficult... <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9934&qid=2122736> Read more about how Cary chose the road less traveled

Image removed by sender. Debbbie Stein with Freedom Link members at a baseball stadium

A PROFOUNDLY MEANINGFUL AWARD Debbie is uniquely qualified to speak about the Bolotin Award. She was honored individually in 2008 and serves as the coordinator for Freedom Link, a transitions club focused on mentoring that was honored in 2017... <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9935&qid=2122736> Here's what she says

Image removed by sender. Image of students in a lab.

ACTION ITEMS
Download the new NFB Connect <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9936&qid=2122736>  app and watch our Supporter Thank You Video <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9937&qid=2122736>  to see how your help truly makes a difference in the lives of blind kids and their families... <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9938&qid=2122736> more information

HAPPENINGS

*	The National Federation of the Blind Announces Winners of 2017 Onkyo Braille Essay Contest <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9939&qid=2122736> .
*	Blind People Condemn Nepal’s Ban on Blind Everest Climbers <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9940&qid=2122736> .
*	Sheltered Workshop and Honda of America Manufacturing Sued for Disability Discrimination <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9941&qid=2122736> .

CALENDAR

JAN 29:                  <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9942&qid=2122736> The Great Gathering In, Washington, DC

JAN 29-FEB 1:      <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9942&qid=2122736> Washington Seminar, Washington, DC

MAR 22-23:           <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9943&qid=2122736> Jacobus tenBroek Disability Law Symposium, Baltimore, MD

MAR 31:                <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9944&qid=2122736> Scholarship Applications Deadline

APR 15:                <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9945&qid=2122736>  Dr. Jacob Bolotin Award Competition Application Deadline

JUL 3-8:                <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9946&qid=2122736> National Convention, Orlando, FL

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines blind people or their future. Every day we raise the expectations of and for blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. We can live the lives we want; blindness is not what holds us back. Please join us in our work by becoming a member, attending an event, sharing this newsletter, or supporting our programs.

 <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9947&qid=2122736> Image removed by sender. Facebook Logo

 <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9948&qid=2122736> Image removed by sender. Twitter Logo

 <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9949&qid=2122736> Image removed by sender. Instagram Logo

 <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9950&qid=2122736> Image removed by sender. YouTube Logo

 <mailto:nfb at nfb.org> Image removed by sender. Email Icon Image

 <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9951&qid=2122736> Image removed by sender. Donate to the NFB Icon.

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | (410) 659-9314
 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=8083&qid=2122736&h=79ccae78ea6c0708> Unsubscribe |  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=8083&qid=2122736&h=79ccae78ea6c0708> Opt Out |   <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9952&qid=2122736> Sign up for email newsletter

200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
United States

Image removed by sender.