[NFB-NM] You are invited to a New Member Orientation

Tonia Trapp nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com
Fri May 11 03:54:41 UTC 2018

nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com

www.nfbnm.org

From: NFBNet-Members-List [mailto:nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Andrews, David B (DEED) via NFBNet-Members-List
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2018 8:32 AM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] FW: You are invited to a New Member
Orientation

The National Federation of the Blind of Cleveland is extending a cordial
invitation to all Federationists to participate in a New Member Orientation
Teleconference Call that will take place on May 14, 2018 at 5:00 to 6:30 PM.

This exciting and educational event is to highlight and promote the mission
of the National Federation of the Blind. "Thus, to achieve widespread
emotional acceptance and intellectual understanding that the real problem of
blindness is not the loss of eyesight but the misconceptions and lack of
information which exist. Moreover, The NFB brings blind people together to
share successes, to support each other in times of failure, and to create
imaginative solutions. Becoming a member of the National Federation of the
Blind is easy to do! Membership in the NFB is rewarding because it opens up
a network of unparalleled support, friendship, and resources. Together with
love, hope, and determination, we help you transform your dreams into
reality".

With all that said, if you are a new member or maybe seasoned and would like
to tap into the experiences, expertise and knowledge from a distinguish
panel of NFB leaders, then attend this teleconference. We will hear from
John Pare, Executive director for Advocacy and Policy, Lou Ann Blake, Deputy
Director of The Jernigan Institute, Ron Brown, Second Vice President of The
National Board of Directors, Richard Payne, President of the Ohio Affiliate,
Barbara Pierce, President Emerita of Ohio, Cheryl Fields, Ohio Board of
directors and Dr. carolyn Peters, Ohio Membership Chairperson.

Although, this Teleconference is targeted for Ohio. We encourage anyone who
would like to attend to do so. There will be much to learn from the National
and State officials. The information is universal and can be poured into the
overall membership.  If you have new members in your Affiliate, please
encourage them to participate.

The conference number is:

712-775-7031

Code: 240281423

We would encourage you to dial in ten minutes prior to the start of the
teleconference. For questions; please direct them to me.

Once again, this endeavor is for all members  across the country and thank
you for continuing to build the federation.!

Suzanne Turner, president

NFBOhio-Cleveland

P: (216) 990-6199

E: Smturner.234 at gmail.com