[NFB-NM] FW: BBQ Fun

nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 03:18:56 UTC 2019

Best wishes,

 <mailto:nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com> nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com

From: Sarah Villavicencio <nfbnm.abqchapter.treasurer at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 5:46 PM
To: Tonia Trapp <nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com>
Subject: BBQ Fun

Hi Tonia,

Please forward message to list serv.

Thank you,

Sarah V.

1st Annual NFB Friends and Family BBQ - Success!!

Special thanks to Harold and Martha for their many contributions and all their hard work. Thanks to Ernie and Albert for grilling the burgers, to Brianne and Ray for grilling hot dogs, to Krista and Sarah for serving and keeping the line going. To everyone who brought side items, they were wonderful. To the Albuquerque Chapter for providing the restroom facilities. The BBQ team who were there from planning, and setup to breakdown, we could not have done it without you, Ray, Sarah, Krista, Martha, Ernie and Albert. With a team and membership such as ours successful events happen. Our superstar chapter participant of the day - Brianne you rocked it! Over 55 people in attendance.

A Surprise Watermelon eating contest was had, participants were our great leaders, State Affiliate Adelmo Vigil, ABQ President Tara Chavez her 1st Vice Ernie Esquibel, West Mesa President ShaRon Dandy and her Vice German Benitez. Ernie, eating a whopping 3 pounds, was the winner!! All participants received a souvenir watermelon plate and the winner received a Watermelon Beach Ball!!

We had live music provided by Martha, Ruth and friends.

It was a nice gathering of old and new friends coming to together.

Let’s do it again next year, bigger and better get those ideas flowing.

See our affiliate Facebook page for pictures.

--

Sarah R. Villavicencio, Treasurer

Albuquerque Chapter

NFBNM.AbqChapter.Treasurer at gmail.com <mailto:NFBNM.AbqChapter.Treasurer at gmail.com>