[NFB-NM] FW: Call for interested NFBNM members interested in serving on the Diversity and Inclusion Committee

nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 00:29:32 UTC 2020

Best wishes,

From: Daphne Mitchell <dauroramitchell at gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 7:56 PM
Subject: Call for interested NFBNM members interested in serving on the Diversity and Inclusion Committee

Good evening, Federation family:

Many of you attended our virtual state convention a few weeks ago, and we hosted several special interest meetings. One meeting focused on increasing and embracing the diversity found in our membership and making sure we take strides towards understanding how to be most inclusive of each member. President Vigil announced our affiliate will stand-up a committee on Diversity and Inclusion. Several members voiced an interest in participating. Please send an email message or give me a call to assure we are not leaving anyone out that is interested in serving on the committee. Find my contact information
below:

Daphne Mitchell
Email: dauroramitchell at gmail.com
Phone: (505) 226-2944

We will meet in October, to discuss how the committee can best serve our membership, and how to connect with underserved communities of blind persons. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Daphne A. Mitchell,
Board Member, NFBNM