[NFB-NM] FW: [State-Affiliate-Leadership-List] Southern strums at national convention

Tara Chavez nfbnm.president at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 00:10:28 UTC 2023

For those attending National Convention:

Calling our musically inclined friends and musically appreciative friends!!!

The NFB of Texas is proud to partner with Harley's Wallet to bring you a
cherished convention tradition, Southern Strums back for one year only!

Harley's Wallet is a nonprofit established in loving memory of Harley
Fetterman, a beloved student and federationist who passed away.
from cancer in 2016. Harley's Wallet supports causes and programs for blind
kids and kids with cancer. Your $10 donation will support. scholarships,
Braille books, and help provide the Harley Fetterman Charts and Graphs Award
at the National Braille Challenge.

The event
On the evening of July 3, from 8:00-11:00 (check the agenda for room
details) we will showcase authentic acoustic live music from talented
federationists. We will also, of course, have a cash bar.

Interested in performing? We are looking for you to: Bring your own
instrument guitar, keyboard ) and sing. Be prepared to play 3-5 covers
(about 20-minute sets) Recruit a large cheering section to attend!
Slots are limited, so we are asking for those of you who are interested in
performing to send us a 3-minute sound clip audition as an attachment to
<mailto:SouthernStrums at gmail.com> SouthernStrums at gmail.com by 11:59 PM
Central Time June 15, 2023.

Please share widely. Thanks in advance for helping us make this a unique and
special celebration of music, fellowship, and Harley Fetterman, one of the
proudest Texans and federationists we've had the good fortune to know.

--

Norma Crosby, President
National Federation of the Blind of Texas

Sent from NFBTX Mobile

Tara Chavez, President

NFBNM.President at gmail.com <mailto:NFBNM.President at gmail.com>

(505) 328-3349