[NFB-NM] FW: Updated meeting announcement for SAGE

nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 02:48:47 UTC 2023

 <mailto:NFBNM.sage at gmail.com> NFBNM.sage at gmail.com

Things to know about the meeting on Wednesday, November 8!
We are having an auction!
We are having elections!
We are giving away a door prize!
Details can be found below!

Every month we get together to learn about blindness. We get together to
learn how others do the things they do after they lose their vision,
something they have relied on for some or all of their lives.
Come join us on Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at 7:00 P. M. Mountain time in
our Zoom room.

After our meet and greet, we will conduct elections. Remember you must be a
paid member in order to vote. You do not have to be a paid member to attend
our exciting meeting. After we are done with elections we will continue with
the meeting we were going to have back in September.
Have you ever wanted to know how to do this or that? The answers reside in
our members of SAGE and in those who come to learn and see what we are all
about. I know I do not have all the answers. I am always willing to learn
new things like how does one know which buttons to push to turn on your
microwave or how do you use an instant pot. How do you know what the bills
are in your wallet and how do you know which way is up on a piece of paper
you are writing on? Bring your ideas, your directions, your tricks. Tell us
how you know which is the shampoo or the conditioner in your shower. How do
you know which towel belongs to you. How do you make your shirts stay on the
hanger, how do you dial a rotary phone or a iPhone and how do you set your
alarm clock? Questions, questions, we need answers!

**
The SAGE Division is having an auction. We are auctioning off a Sunlan
Digital voice recorder. It is a high quality recorder, voice activated
function, abundant playback features, one button to record or save, built in
rechargeable battery, and can be used as a MP3 player or Flash drive. You
can start bidding on it any time on Wednesday, November 8. The auction will
end on Wednesday, December 13 at 6:00 P. M. Call me, text me or email  me
with your bid. If you want to know if your bid is still good after a few
days, call me again and I will tell you if someone out bid you. Don't be
shy. Remember this is a fund raiser! Also if you win this great little
gadget, it might be someone's Christmas gift. The beginning bid is $15.

**
Also after our meeting we will be giving out a $50 door prize. You must be a
paid member and present to win it!

 Join Zoom Meeting
 <https://nfb-org.zoom.us/j/95423359096>
https://nfb-org.zoom.us/j/95423359096
One tap mobile
+17193594580,,95423359096# US
Dial by your location
+1 719 359 4580 US
Meeting ID: 954 2335 9096

characteristic that defines you or your future.
Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can
have the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.

Veronica Smith, SAGE President
Senior Action Group Energy
505-269-1034

Live the life you want.
 <http://www.nfbnm.org/> www.nfbnm.org

 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org

NFB Pledge:
I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation
of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

If you are interested in becoming a member of our senior division of the
National Federation of the Blind of New Mexico make your check payable to
SAGE and send it to our treasurer, Urja Lansing at 4323 San Pedro Dr. NE
G-112
Albuquerque, NM 87109
If you have questions about sending in your $5 Call Urja at (505) 345-3378
or send email to urjalansing at q.com <mailto:urjalansing at q.com> .