[Nfb-or] [RoseCity] Starting a new chapter

T. Joseph Carter tjcarter at spiritsubstance.com
Tue Sep 13 03:58:58 UTC 2011

Joyce,

Not to put too fine a point on it, but it isn't up to you.

Half of the officers are ready to walk out.

More than half of the members who actually come to meetings are ready
to say goodbye to the NFB.  How can you, who hasn't been to a single
meeting in more than a year, BECAUSE OF JIM JACKSON, just like the
rest of us, tell us that we have to either put up with his crap
(which includes election tampering), or leave the Federation?

I'll lay it out right now: There are three options right now from my
perspective:

1. Jim Jackson is no longer president of the Rose City Chapter.

2. I am in a different chapter.

3. I am done, period.  Find a new treasurer, list moderator, and
whatever else.

I have done an awful lot for this chapter in two years, and Jerry and
I have together done all of the work of cleaning up after Jim's
messes since DECEMBER.  We are tired of doing it, but we can't oust
him because HE RIGS THE DAMNED ELECTIONS.  You know it as well as I
do, so let's not even pretend it has not happened.

How many members need to leave because of Jim's antics before you and
the rest of the board will do something about it?  I will not serve
in this chapter any longer without even the chance of removing Jim in
November.  Frankly, I no longer think that's going to happen, because
too many people have already said they will not come to any meeting
so long as he remains in charge of the chapter.

Joseph