[Nfb-science] Introduction

aerospace1028 at hotmail.com aerospace1028 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 17 21:23:54 UTC 2010

Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 01:42:13 +0000
>From: "Salisbury, Justin Mark" <SALISBURYJ08 at students.ecu.edu>
>To: "nfb-science at nfbnet.org" <nfb-science at nfbnet.org>
>Subject: [Nfb-science] Introduction

>Hello,
>
>    I am a new member to this list, and I would like to meet the other members of the list.  I am a math major at East Carolina University, and I am >interested in exploring all areas of applied math, STEM fields, and economics.  I am hoping to meet some people who can share their experiences with >being a blind person in a technical discipline.  I think statistics is a pretty interesting area of math.  I'm considering getting a PhD in some form of >applied math and teaching at the college level.  I am interested in all types of careers, though.  Could anyone interested in talking to me please >respond (on or off list) and tell me what you do for a career, what you studied in college, and what your work environment is like?
>
>Thank you!
>
>Justin Salisbury
hello Justin,
Welcome to the list.

Although I still don't have a job yet, I graduated with a B.S. in aerospace engineering with a focus on structural analysis.  When I finally land employment I'll be glad to tell you all about it (as far as non-disclosure agreements arent violated and such).

As far as college goes, any specific questions you have, many of the people on the list would be glad to help you troubleshoot any accessibility needs.  Persoanlly, I used everything from braille to silly-putty:-)

If you want to know more, feel free to ask.

Sorry if this is a little scattered: in a hurry but wanted to say howdy.

--Paul