[Nfb-science] guide dog safety in lab situations

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 21:48:59 UTC 2012

Aleeha,

Well, another good place to ask this question is the National Association of
Guide Dog Users NAGDU list. A list for all things guide dog related, but,
onto answering your question. It all depends. It depends on several things.
For example, what type of lab is it? Different kinds of labs can pose
different hazards to dogs, and some labs can pose no problems at all.
Another point to consider; is the dog in question a scrounger. Will the dog
try to eat things off the Flore? Not that there should be things we would
consider food on the Flore of a lab, but you never know, that high voltage
extension cord may look like a good chew toy.

I am no longer a science major however, in the one year of attempting to be
an electrical engineering major me and my guide dog spent many hours toiling
away in the engineering lab.

If you have further questions feel free to contact me off list. My email is
kramc11 at gmail.com

HTH,

Mark