[Nfb-science] FW: accommodations with physics courses in college

Jamie P. blackbyrdfly at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 21:59:30 UTC 2013

Hi Daniel,
I'm afraid I don't yet have an answer to your question. I just wanted to
reach out to you and the list at large because I am in a similar situation.
I'm an Engineering major, and while I'm still cracking down on Math and
Chemistry, I will be starting my Physics sequence in the Spring of 2014.
I'd love to hear any of the advice you receive from the knowledgable people
you've contacted, and how well it has worked for you. I'd also love to
share what ever advice and experience I can as it relates to accessibility
in the STEM fields. I've fought some significant accessibility battles of
my own in the past, especially when seeking accommodations in Math courses,
and it is my goal, moving forward, to prevent access issues from escalating
to that level at my college in future. So while I don't have an answer to
your question as of yet, I'd like ot keep in touch and share what I can as
we both move forward in our fields. Feel free to contact me off list and we
can discuss your upcoming Physics courses and maybe share what we know has
worked in the past.
All the best,

Jamie Principato
Blackbyrdfly at gmail.com