[Nfb-science] Good Adaptable Laptops for Work

Christine Szostak szostak.1 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Wed Apr 23 06:53:35 UTC 2014

HI All,
 Just a quick set of questions here. I am in need of a new laptop because of  MS' decision to stop providing support for XP. Since I use JAWS for teaching, my research, and for general use, I am wondering about a few things:

1)  How well does Window's 8 work with JAWS and are there particular versions of JAWS that work best with it?

2)  Are touch screens a problem for JAWS? If some versions of JAWS do work with touch screens, which ones work well?

3)  Is Window's 7 a better option for JAWS users?

4)  I want to stay with the Dell Inspiron series as I have  had a really good experience with my current Inspiron and am looking for something particularly light weight and fast. Any recommendations?

Have a wonderful rest of the day!
Chris

Christine M. Szostak, PhD
Assistant Professor
Department of Psychology
Shorter University
Rome, Georgia
szostak.1 at osu.edu

If you are interested in a professional consultation for a vision loss related issue see:
http://findingthevision.wikidot.com

If you are in need of a professional consultation for general research/statistical related issues see:
http://researchconsulting.wikidot.com

If you are looking for professional proof reading or editorial review services see:
http://researchconsulting.wikidot.com